View Single Post
      09-01-2023, 12:44 PM   #199
ladiaz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Sakhir Orange Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth9 View Post
You know how the test to see if the pcv is the issue – opening the oil cap to see if there is a release of air?

My question is, if this is fixed correctly, should there still be a vacuum/suction from the oil cap area if you open it?
From reading this whole thread, I believe yes, there should still be vacuum/suction from the oil cap opening. I transposed the numbers, it's $3570 after tax, but it's still crazy. I had the car in there for service and it started a few days before I took it in, so I had them look at it. I'm supposed to get the car back today, so I'll have to go through the troubleshooting steps suggested here. They seem to think it is, but once I confirm, maybe I'll try the Klifex route till I get more time to swap out the cover itself. They want $2973 after tax for the oil pan reseal which, in my opinion, is far more labor intensive(I'll have to find someone in Orlando that can do that more cost effective). I have already changed the valve cover seal myself years ago, so I'll just do it again and replace the cover down the road if I need to.
Appreciate 0