View Single Post
      11-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
quadpipes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 IB,'16 F22 M235i EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseman5000 View Post
Just spoke with the dealer and I've decided I'm going to go with the Easy Care package for 3 extended years and 75k miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Not sure what that is, but my SA told me today there is also a power train only extended warranty for about $3k.
You guys may be confusing apples and oranges. BMWNA does not offer an 'Easy Care' package and has no packages at 75K miles (only 70K and 100K miles). It would be offered by a third party. BMWNA, as well as others including Fidelity, offer a so called 'PowerTrain Plus' package.

And BMW dealers do push third party extended maintenance programs - like Fidelity - which would be fine for some people. BMW dealers also, of course, offer BMWNA extended maintenance. But curiously, I had to ask my dealer for the BMWNA programs only after being offered a program from Fidelity (probably due to higher markup on the third party programs).

It pays to research this topic a bit before buying and then to get multiple quotes. In my research, only BMWNA assures OEM parts at a BMW repair facility. Both were important to me with an M car.

Here is a link to what BMWNA offers;

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...rotection.aspx

Download the brochure.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0