View Single Post
      10-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #13
budski
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 SSII E92 DCT ZCP

Phil,

I just received the Rupes 21 polisher from you and notice that you used the Rupes 75, 15, and 21 (as well as the 6" Griots polisher). Which portions of the M3 do you use with each?

As a Pro, I'm sure you save a lot of time just setting down the Rupes 21 and picking up the 15. But as a novice/doing my own cars do you see any benefit (other than saving time from switching backplates) of using a Rupes 15 rather than a Rupes 21 with the 15's backplate?

EDIT:
The main reason why I'm asking is because I ran into some issues polishing the rear fender (and other voluptuous areas). I knew this car had curves but MAN it's got a "dunk". With the order I received last week from you, I also got the Griots 3" polisher but find that it takes much longer to work compounds and doesn't correct as well as the Rupes. I am wondering if ordering the Rupes 15 backplate will help me in these sort of situations where the 6" pad is too big. Also, I realized that one pad of each color is not enough as it is taking me forever to compound/polish and want to figure out if I should stock up on more 5" Uber pads or 6" Uber pads.

Thanks! and I love your site. Although there are quite a few websites out there, your package deal for the Rupes seems the best. None of the other sites include the top-notch compounds/polishes such as the FG400 and Sonax finishing polishes. Heck the FG400 finishes so well I don't think I'll see a benefit of using the Sonax polishes!

ESS VT2 625 | Brembo 380mm F/R | Stack Gauges | Meisterschaft GT | KW V3 | Perf Steering Wheel | Challenge GT Lip | Perf CF Spoiler | CF Mirror Caps

Tundra TRD Rock Warrior

Last edited by budski; 10-28-2013 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0