View Single Post
      01-25-2024, 12:08 AM   #83
_das_bae_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Coupe

Some more changes

Recently had some downtime between projects and decided to add a little bit of eyeshadow to the headlights. The LED driver for my brows decided to fail so I decided to just try out the ring only. The side marker/indicator lights are back to the factory position but just LEDs.

As a Christmas present to myself, I decided to pull the trigger on a full audio upgrade. I decided to go with the Focal Inside Premium 9.2 setup for the speakers, but run Rockford Fosgate T3 Subs instead of the focal option. Also wanted to upgrade the Amp as well to the MatchUP 7 DSP. You'll need a Windows computer to tune the amp, but the software isn't too hard to learn.

Full Speaker Setup

Install

Rear Tweeter Bracket Mounting After Cutting a Hole

Final Mount Speakers Rear Seats

Amp Mounting

Front Woofer and Boom Mat Install

Front Tweeter Swap and Wiring

Under Seat Subwoofer and Boom Mat Install

Loading up a tune and testing the software... and no the output gain isn't really set that high, that was just testing what sliders were modifiable.

After 20hrs of break-in and playing with the DSP tune file, I finally achieved the sound I was looking for. It's a much-needed improvement over the Stock Hi-fi speakers... and dare I even say it might sound better/clearer/punchier than the HK system. I would definitely recommend the upgrade, you won't regret it.

Appreciate 0