04-22-2014, 02:25 AM   #99
DOCTOR 3VIL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3/E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Money View Post
If a person had a root canal done by a dentist last year( few months ago) covered under insurance. Then recently found a new dentist after too many complaints pertaining to the tooth the root canal was done on. That dentist then referred the patient to an endodontist because in his opinion it was done wrong. Then the endodontist agreed that it was wrong and needed to be redone. My question is, is there anything the endodontist can do to prove or at least try and persuade the insurance company to pay for the procedure due to the circumstances? I am writing this in my phone please forgive me if it isn't clearly written. Thank you in advance.
Usually the ethical thing to do is for the first dentist to refund you or the insurance so you can use those funds for the re-treatment. However, if the first root canal was done to their best ability and looks reasonably well done on the radiograph then he/she doesn't really have to refund you or the insurance.
At this point you'll have to prove that he/she was grossly negligent in some way. This means court time and that's no fun.
Appreciate 0