moorV
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Garage List
2016 BMW 328i  [9.75]
2016 328i Journal

Hello f3x enthusiasts, I've decided to make a build thread for my car as I continue to enjoy the modding process. This seems like a fun way of keeping track of things throughout my ownership and lets me share that process with everyone as well.

I bought this car in 10/23 off of Copart completely by chance. I was doing some random searching and happened upon this car and could not pass it up. Dealer maintained its whole life, no actual damage from what I could see, and a great spec. It had M-sport and THP which were very high on my list for an f30. After my 2012 135i I wanted something more modern with better practicality while retaining that BMW thrill. The red interior really sold me too as my 1er had the same.

Name:  IMG_7501.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  441.3 KB
This was the day of delivery the car was filthy and had trouble starting. After sitting on the auction lot for too long it was completely drained. I got it running and scanned for codes. Unfortunately the water pump and thermostat were going to need to be replaced, and the infotainment screen was blacked, but I had figured as much buying a car sight unseen.

Name:  IMG_7524.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  689.2 KB
I parked it and got it cleaned up until the replacement parts I ordered arrived. Already the itch to make it my own was getting to me and I was already getting filled with bad thoughts of dropping thousands on the car right away.

Name:  71995803584__6B43C956-6A3B-4332-8B66-144C91108985.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  436.0 KB
Decided to do something simple at first just to be busy. Painted the front grill and v-brace silver and installed floating center caps.

I was not able to get a decent first impression of the car just yet but from what I had experienced shortly I was on the fence about my purchase. I just figured that I needed to drive it with everything fixed and really give it some gas.
Appreciate 1
Cpark1446.00