View Single Post
      03-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #17
hansluc
Rep
Drives: Waiting on a 330e!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirad View Post
I'd rather not wait a couple of months to buy a new car. Also, I'd expect to have more bargaining room if I find a car already on a dealer lot that I like
If you're working with the right CA, ordering the car should have no bearing on your price. Lots of competition among dealers in SoCal and you should have no issue getting a 328d wagon ordered to spec for $1000 over invoice out the door, which is close to as good as you'll do on any in-stock vehicle that isn't a previous year's model or loaner, etc. Greg Poland at Pacific BMW comes to mind for a dealer does straightforward, more than fair pricing. The way I see it, your options are to order the car from a dealer who does invoice+ pricing, or venture outside the region if you can't wait.

I wouldn't expect a better deal just because the item is on the lot. As others have mentioned, the F31 sells and dealers aren't necessarily desperate to deal on them. The way BMW allocates cars (so I was told by a dealer), they give more cars of a specific model to dealers that sell them the fastest. So, the only way for a BMW dealer to get more F31 to sell is to have a waiting list of committed buyers ready to buy before they hit the lot. In that scenario, it may behoove the dealer to satisfy the demand, but not do much more to keep a bunch on the premises.
Appreciate 0