Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
But to some people that's the whole point.

unfortunatly.
If it comes to that, then we'll have to totally differentiate ourselves with our artistic eyes. I enjoy the skill part of photography, but I HATE the missed shots. In my photography life I've had two chances at a hawk flying low on the grass, straight me, squaking at me and I missed both. The first time, I was ignorant and didn't know that was one of the hardest shots anyone can shoot, the second time, I knew better, but had the 1.4x TC on the camera and it reacted slowly and not a single shot was useable. (Put the 1.4x on and something will fly too close and fast, take off and it'll be too far away. Oh for a 400-700mm f/4 zoom that only weighed 9-lbs).

Last weekend I saw at least thirty ring-necked pheasant cocks fly in great light and I didn't get a one. If I were shooting with my shotgun, they'd be easy targets, but with the camera you have to get the lens on and in focus and you've only got a second or so to get it done. I preset the focus, anticipate where they'll be, etc., etc. but that shot is killing me. I'm even looking around to see what I can sell to afford a Series II 500mm or 600mm, with faster AF.

Still, a magical camera that I could just point in the right direction would be welcomed by me.

Dave