02-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #32
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
What the fuck is wrong with you?
See the definition of manslaughter Inspired offered.
Good thing you are not a judge, anyone who pissed you off enough you would sentence to die ten times over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Wow..really?
Juries are biased, it's proven fact the more representation you can afford the lighter your sentence is.. failure of the judical system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
He should just stick to posting bad memes...
Yeah maybe, but you don't understand those either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
Your a fucking idiot plain and simple.... a HUGE fucking idiot... clinging to a victim mentality that is almost almost negligible in today's world, meanwhile mocking a dead man and his relatives.
I looked up victim mentality - I think you may be reading too much/misunderstood my statement, or you are projecting yourself on what you think I said.
I am not mocking, but I admit I did not offer any sympathies - other people did already. If everybody just gathered together and say "fuck this guy to hell lets kill his family three steps removed" what would be the good in that? I prefer to offer some reality rather than comfort. If something bad happens and you are just bitching about the wrong done unto you, you fail to see not the other side, but objective reality which is somewhere in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Not to add fire to the debate. I wouldn't say that 10 years was a fair sentence, but I can understand why the DA and the jury agreed on manslaughter charges.

To me, it seems more like a voluntary manslaughter since he had no intention to killing the man. Definition of voluntary manslaughter:

Quote: Voluntary manslaughter is the killing of a human being in which the offender had no prior intent to kill and acted during "the heat of passion," under circumstances that would cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed.

Quote: Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion"
Thank you. Thats the way society and laws work. There are two sides to every dispute, you just want one side, jerk yourself off.

What PROBABLY happened was, 'victim' laughed at accused, accused got angry and punched victim, victim relatiated, 'fight' ensued. Victim died from injuries. What differs in the accounts is whether the victim stood over the accused thus giving accused reason to feel threatened hence perpetuating the fight etc.
Its not murder, its manslaughter. Not a lawyer, but those are the facts folks.
Appreciate 0