View Single Post
      02-27-2024, 07:35 AM   #21
danb1979
Idiotic lifter of heavy stones...
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 325D M Sport touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietMcar View Post
appreciate the help 🙏🏼 i ended up ordering 245/40’s last night. we’ll see how they look and feel. maybe i’ll wish i would’ve got 255’s, but i think the 245’s will be much better than the 225’s on it now. now i need to look into the shocks and springs today
The 245/40s will be perfect IMO

As for shocks and springs; you need to decide if you want firmer than OEM; as compliant as OEM (as close as you can get) or coilover levels etc...

I test drove an F30 330D with the Bilstein B12 kit (B8s with Eibach pro kit springs); for me is was far too firm for our local roads (superb on the tight/twisty country roads) but normal roads at normal speeds; just too bouncy

i also test drove an F31 340i on Bilstein B16s and again; just too firm (but bloody amazing on fast roads)!

I'm personally not a fan of Koni; had plenty of build quality issues with them in the past (but that's going back to late 2000s); I've had Bilstein shocks plenty of times with zero issues and now my F31s on the B4S shocks with the Eibach pro kit springs; it's absolutely spot on..

It took the pot hole ridden, super-rough roads in the Scottish Highlands with ease and the handling is much better too; however my suspension overhaul was full (ie every arm and more)!

Cost me a fair whack; but I wanted to future proof the car until at least mid 2025 as I've promised to keep it until we've paid our mortgage off