View Single Post
      07-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #13
brewnami
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe

You are going to be fixing stuff with a greater frequency with any vehicle at around 167K miles. That's why it's $4,000 and not $40,000. My mom once bought a brand new Rav4 and had it dealer maintained the entire time she owned it. At 90K miles, there was a transmission issue that was going to cost $3,000 to fix. My friend's dad had the same problem on his 2007 Corola which he bought brand new. Out of warranty and not wanting to pay to fix that, she bought a BMW. 5 years later, its only needed a starter and a coil pack outside of regular maintenance. I think 99% of the advice on this forum is founded with zero experience. Unless someone can chime in with significant problems that THEY experienced when THEIR car had those miles, then our opinions are useless. I have driven multiple Audis with well over 100K miles and zero significant issues. Certainly not $2,500 per year worth of repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
You should. It is usually everything else than the engine that fails. At 167000 miles it never stop.

4000$ sounds a cheap amount.... how misleading. Does she have 2000-2500$ more per year to keep it running?
2009 335i M Sport coupe, BSM with black/aluminum interior, 6MT, JB4 G5, MDH Backend Flash, Walbro 255 inline LPFP, VRSF Inlets, BMS 3" catless DP's, Borla Aggressive catback, ER FMIC, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS 2.3 gal Meth Kit, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, Ported CDV, RB PCV, Cyba ram air scoops, Status Gruppe SRS coilovers, ECS trailing arms, Forgestar F14 SDC.
Appreciate 0