10-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #50
OfficialBOLO
Captain
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i X-Drive MSport

Garage List
Hey man,

I dont usually post in threads like these but its very close to my heart. I lost 47 pounds this year since January 1st (first new years resolution I kept lol) and i couldnt feel better about myself. As others have mentioned, its not a diet change its a lifestyle change. I went from 225 to 178 and it took me a little over 8 months. Thats healthy, sustainable weight loss. Crash dieting and pills will leave you in a worse position than you were in before. trust me, iv been up to 235 and down to 175 a few times.

THERE ARE NO SECRETS, i repeat, NO SECRETS. Do research, look into muscle confusion (a technique that p90x and insanity use, however i am not a fan of either extreme calorie burning routine as it is, imho, not sustainable).

Diet is 80%, workout is 20%. Dont fool yourself into thinking its otherwise, and im being conservative with those figures. Also it is important to cheat or you will want to kill yourself. Hormone levels inevitably change when your diet changes drastically. Speak to a nutritionist/dietician and find out your Resting Metabolic Rate and work from there. Count calories. If you have an iPhone, download one of many apps (i use LoseIt!).

If you want any other tips, hit me up, i have been an inspiration to a lot of my friends but i couldnt have done it without the countless hours of research i did myself to get to where i am.

1995 Toyota Supra Single Turbo (for sale)
Appreciate 0