avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
what is your wash process, 2 buckets, grit guards, foam gun, blow dry? I know you use the drying towels above.
One bucket, Meguiars shampoo, Griot's Garage 10268 Micro Fiber Wash Mitt, mothers wheel brush with sonax wheel cleaner. Wet the car, clean it with the bucket contents and wash mitt, rinse and dry.
You should be using a two bucket system with grit guards. One fresh water, the other dirty water.

Wash from top to bottom always, and return to fresh water often.

The above alone should prevent you from scratching or swirling your paint any further.

Black is one of the toughest colors to keep free of swirls. I own a FB M5, and I need to take every precaution possible to prevent scratching/swirling. So I purchased and use the following which also make life much easier as I always wash and detail my own car.

- Pressure Washer
- Foamer Attachment For P/W
- Air Force MasterBlaster Car Dryer

For gloss paintwork, I personally prefer Zaino products. I also like the Zaino CS sealant.

If you want to remove the paint scratches and swirls yourself, I like to use Menzerna.