Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Too much free time...

Figured I do an update...

The car is in the shop bc my dumbass went out in 28*F weather with over-inflated cheap summer tires (Hankook Ventus V-12s) and trying to merge onto a two lane highway gave too much gas..., the rear tires broke loose while i was moving lane's and swung out...I feathered on the throttle , and pointed the wheels straight but the car swung back where I wanted it to be, buuuuut it continued until I did a 180* s and slid sideways (30-35mph) into a concrete divider...

I was alone and it was a HARD hit, even cracked the window somehow and snapped the rear view mirror off and deployed the side airbags ...But the body of the car some how barely got touched, the passenger side wheels due the entire force of the impact and were destroyed along with my rack and pinion and tons of suspension parts on the pass side....

30 days until its done because obviously a lot of ///M parts come from Germany but the suspense is killing me...

How hard is it to bend the unibody of the car?? Anyone have experience with this??

Body guy said there was no subframe or unibody damage, but he wasn't in the car to feel the impact.. Even my detailing stuff in the trunk broke...

Sadly for me, Ive used him many times with various cars and he only works on high end cars...The car always has comeback quick and looking & driving better than when it was new...

Has anyone reading this ever taken such a hard hit and get the car back feeling ok? I worry he thinks the hit wasn't that hard bc of the lack of body damage...The suspense is killing me, and it'll be at least 30 days before i get her back...

Last edited by DKX4///M; 12-29-2014 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0