View Single Post
      01-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #100
ramuman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
The F8x launch in Jan will give BMW a jump start in the new year. Also with the models coming in 2014 this will be short lived for Mercedes
A relatively low production M3/4 that won't be delivered until halfway into the year will help sales? I suppose the i8 will also make a notable contribution to sales.

The 1, which doesn't even have the current incarnation in the US, and the X models are positively boring. The S leads the 7.

That said, I am positive that BMW is the first mass production luxury brand to really be pushing with CFRP, and they're beating Audi and MB in the FI game - but it'll take awhile for the public to notice or care. While every current MB sedan and coupe looks like it started melting and was then frozen, there is an appeal to a cheap a MB.

I'm guessing the 2 series will help. I would venture a bet that since the CLA is a different model, despite it being the lowest end Mercedes, people buying it probably don't feel it's a lower in the lineup than the C class. You certainly would feel that about the 320i and the 1 series is literally a decade old here in the US.
Appreciate 0