View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #46
Stupenal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mmm

Glad all the e89 z4 drivers are here to defend our cars.

The e89 is a great overall well rounded car. It's comfortable, drop dead gorgeous looks, luxurious, sporty, fast, beautiful with the top up or down, and a hoot to drive. No it's not a Boxter, no it's not a true roadster, but isn't that why BMW is considering coming out with the Z2? I will admit that spending close to $70k for an optioned out 35is is paying a pretty penny, but the n20 sdrive28i starts at sub $50k and can be well optioned for $55k. Add in the current BMW factory incentives, and the car is still somewhat reasonable (relative to the competition i.e. the SLK).

The current e89 priced itself into a higher class/category of car, but the improvements over the e85 do somewhat justify it's higher price. Sure it's lost a bit of the raw handling/feel, but it's still a very capable track machine. Yeah there's a bunch of enthusiasts on this board, but let's be real - you're driving the car 95%+ either to work or relaxing on a sunny weekend much more often than you'll be pushing the car on a road race course. If you've got the disposable income to purchase one of these cars, you will be more than happy. If you're a kid dreaming about "one day buying one used", continue dreaming until that day is reality. In the mean time, BMW is looking to sell some brand new cars. If you're an adult that does have the means to buy this car but wished it were more sporty, well BMW offers you plenty of other choices (e.g. e92 M3). For everyone else, BMW has perfected everything you could possibly need (other than a larger trunk) with the current e89.
Appreciate 0