05-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #61
rfx45
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [8.50]
I am not for following tradition just for the sake of it but to me it's just a roadster characteristic I like. If it doesn't have along hood and short trunk, it is just a convertible to me. Plus make the E89 any shorter and I don't think it'll look as good. It's that whole shape and design that I love.

I'd love to see a V8 in the E89 but really, with a V8 the price will be ridiculous and I don't know if many will splurge on it when it reaches a whole new price range level. That'll be 6-series territory.

And yeah, The 458 Spyder isn't even a fair comparison but it's one of the well integrated hardtops in the industry. I also like how the Californias hardtop is integrated.

The new SLKs hardtop still looks a bit awkward to me though. Maybe because I also feel that the car just isn't as designed well, the front and back feel like they belong to different cars so the addition of the hardtop makes it look more weird to my eye. Maybe it's just me?