04-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #38
AM150
3rd wait as she's in storage for the winter
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmehta211 View Post
Hi all, this is my first time to Circuit of AMericas. When I went to Montreal in the past, General admission was worth squat, but I hear it may be more than enough here.
Any opinions? I am spending decent coin to fly down, take the missus out to the UT game, and also the F1 race. If general admission gets decent views, I am happy with that.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
I think it'd be worth it as long as you are willing to get there early to claim your spot. We walked around during the practice sessions and took some pics from various spots. These I think are the best GA spots.

Main straight/turn 1. These two pics were taken from roughly the same spot. This looked very crowded on race day.

Exit of turn 1/rundown to turn 2. This seems to be about as close as you can get to the cars. While we were sitting on the grass watching practice this group of assholes came and stood literally 2 feet in front of us.

Turn 11 - This was taken at about 9am on race day and already filling up. If I had GA this is probably where I would go.