View Single Post
      09-15-2007, 05:15 AM   #19
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
like i said, i'm repeating what ex-coaches and ex-players like Tiki Barber who retired last year have been saying on tv this week. There's no reason for Tiki to defend the Patriots but he says this whole thing is no big deal, no surprise either. Every team has spies. The only weird thing is that the guy was using a video camera. (aka got caught red handed). The Patriots will spy again just like every other team will continue to spy. But they'll do it with binoculars so they dont leave evidence next time.

Even if I knew the signal at the huddle, why do you think teams do so many audibles at the line of scrimmage??? Defenses do audibles pre-snap, offenses call plays and right before the snap change to something else. Everyone in the world sees Peyton Manning's signals before he snaps, what are we supposed to do, look away when he's signalling???

Signals are there for everyone to see. Teams are responsible for encrypting their signals so that it can't be used by the other team. But if your team kicks ass then it really won't matter if the other team knows what's coming. They'll just ram the play down the other teams' throat anyway!

NFL rules