mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweitzer View Post
.....M felt so much different to me, really stiff........but the M3 felt heavy to me, not as nimble, and ......And the acceleration wasn't startling to me. It felt like the difference must be more apparent at higher speeds. So I was disappointed, .....Am I making the wrong decision to stay with the 335i rather than the M3? Should I drive it again? I need perspective

EDIT: Let me just add that my post in no way implies that the M3 is not superior. Rather, my driving skill is what lacks. I guess the point of my post is really just the surprise at myself for not being up to it.
First off I think you should stick to the 335i. You say that your post doesn't imply that the M3 is not superiour and you are right. You outright say it, NOT imply it, when you make statements like; it feels "heavy", "not as nimble" and the fact that you were oh so unimpressed with the exceleration....THOSE ARE ALL NEGATIVE COMMENTS about the M3! Let me rephrase what you should be saying... The steering feels heavier and more conected to the road, unlike the numb/wet noodle feeling of other cars. This translates into a much more direct/nimle steering feel. The excelleration pulls strong and so smooth from 3000-8200 that it almost feels uneventful because of the lack of drama & huge power the V8 delivers effortlessly. This car is fast.(PERIOD!)
For those that are tired of these threads just watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r31eV...d.php?t=220808
[u2b]r31eVKNtNoc&eurl[/u2b]