03-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opo View Post
Okay let me start by saying I am just now making a new post after fighting with this for the last day and a half (on & off).

I bought the cable so I could do my own diagnostic work as well as code a few basic things (digital speedometer, TPMS disable, reset brake pad sensor warnings (mine are stuck reading "----"....) etc.

Car is:
2007 335i Coupe with sport package, navigation package (12/2006 build date)
gf has 2008 323i Sedan

Computers are:
2009 Macbook with latest version of VMWare running a clean install of Windows XP SP3

? Acer Aspire 3000 laptop running a clean install of Windows XP SP3

I cannot get either computer to cooperate. Here is what I have tried so far...

Firstly I found a BMW CODING PACK (~122MB) with the .rar password "*********pack05202013" as I'm sure a number of people on these boards are familiar with.

I installed it all following the directions the Macbook computer, when trying to use INPA to read codes I received the errors you see in photo 1 & 2....

Confused, I found copies of the 50.2 daten files for e89 (~11GB) so I used the BMW coding tool that the BMW CODING PACK came with to update my daten files (cable not connected to car..)... After the program copied all the files around for me. I still received the same errors......

After this I gave up on this route and uninstalled everything I had done on the Windows XP SP3 running on my Macbook and opted to try this next...:

On the Acer laptop I was following this thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918608

I got to step 4 and sub-step 4 and when I press continue after selecting BMW Group Rectification programs UK I get the error messages you see in photo 3 and 4.

Now I am extremely frustrated, I have never had a harder time researching something and following DIYs to get it to work, and I am very tech savvy (have built several websites, build computers etc.) But for some reason I just cannot get this whole BMW INPA/NCSExpert etc. stuff figured out.

Is there a newer version of a DIY I should be following? Why is the information for how to get this stuff to work so spotty and the programs so hard to find.

At this point I would love for someone to just remote connect to my laptop/macbook and help me get the programs set up because clearly I'm struggling and I don't know what else to try now.

Can someone please point me in the right direction/help/anything is appreciated, thank you.
This is likely caused by the old (circa Windows 95) InstallShield 5.50.126.0 (SETUP.EXE) that had issues with long filenames.

After extracting '350517-inpa k+can.rar' , copy the inpa folder to the root of your C: drive. (i.e. C:\)

Copy the EC-APPS folder from C:\inpa\01_Step1 to the root of your C: drive as outlined in step 2 of the installation guide.

Finally, run SETUP.EXE from C:\inpa\01_Step1\NFS\Entpackt\disk1. This should solve your problem.
Appreciate 0