View Single Post
      03-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #48
DakarE36
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Dakar yellow '95 e36 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Turbo Four for the 1 Series M Car sounds good. Dont know about the Turbo Six for the M3 though, what is the difference between a 335i then?
Proper suspension and more then the 335s 300 horses.

I envision about 450-480 hp and 450 pounds of torque.
better brakes, and the option of getting a dct, and all the other gizmos and body feautures that make an m3 worth 60k.

Itll be badass, i really wish theyd go the way of a blown e9x m3 v8 though.

and ofcourse theyll stick to i-6's why, after their intense loyalty to them would they create a totally new design concept based on a v6. Better chance that theyll be a w16 in the new m3 then a v6

Also, with the base 135 being in the mid 40s optioned, and id assume that the m version would have a pretty large premium putting it at around 50-55 MSRP (assuming the next M3 rises in price to around 70k, as is the trend) and a turbod fourbanger, producing over 300 hp it could definitely move.

Bmw has to be carefull not making it too fast for the m3s good, which in my oppinion by making the 1 an M model, is either going to steal sales from the
M3 if it truly is a performance bargain with even slightly comproble performance, or if they chose to make it inferior risking making a sub-par car.

Bmw may be digging themselves into a hole that may cause them problems, as it is with P-cars and the cayman vs 911 i think the new M1 (or w.e. the hell they must call it) is gonna be a risky strategy. I think keeping the M badge between the 5 and 3 ( and 6... )series would be wise, and obviously for the sake of M owners keep it to even a semi exclusive ownership club.

I hate the fact that the x5 and x6 are gonna be M's, i find it rather hypocritical. The 1er i can understand, i just think its gonna dilute the formula of sucsess that has been the M departement since the original e30 m3

We shall see how the cards may fall i suppose.

Last edited by DakarE36; 03-19-2009 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0