View Single Post
      05-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #12
elh0102
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
have you tried the RS29's? I haven't heard more than 2 squeaks out of them in about 1.5k miles of driving, track and street (and I have my windows down 90% of the time, so believe me, I would have heard it).

they also have a decent cold bite, so I wouldn't say they're dangerous or sub-optimum at all for street use. another thing I like about the RS29's is that they're endurance pads - not a sprint pads - so they last long and don't eat through rotors like Hawk DTC 70's do. as I see it, there are only two downsides to the RS29's - the price and the added dust (like all track pads, they throw off a fair bit of dust).

I think the Endless pads should give you roughly the same experience as the RS29's, although they might be even better. they're a lot more expensive though.

I'm running a BBK btw - not sure if that affects any of the foregoing. I would imagine that your experience would be similar on stock brakes, but hopefully the experts will chime in if I'm wrong on that.
Yep, I've used them, great pads. And yes, the noise will make women and children run for cover. They have better cold bite than some track pads, but, that's still what they are, and will wear the rotors prematurely compared to street pads.
Appreciate 0