12-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
There are roughly 22 obstacles and, unless you're in the first group, there is a bit of standing around as others in front of you go through them. As the day goes by, that bottleneck and waiting times grow quite a bit so try to pick an early time. That also means less than a half mile between any obstacle. The running, if on flat ground, will be the easiest obstacle of the race. Don't forget, you're basically just jogging and laughing with your buddies so it goes by very quickly. I ran it with a dozen people, three of which are marathon runners and half of which are in pretty good shape. The three marathon runners sprinted the entire thing and finished in just over two hours. The rest of us finished in five hours.

It all sounds like a blast but you can definitely get hurt (hence the death waiver). We saw a girl with her leg bone sticking out of her skin and we were waved by the shock wires at the finish line because a guy mangled his knee and was getting medical attention.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0