View Single Post
      10-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #41
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Like someone else said, it depends on who you're with and for what reason, and of course the car...

Like when I inherited my late dad's truck and drove it from Oregon back to SoCal, it had pleasant scenery, but the interior wasn't that comfortable and the gas mileage was horrible, but taking the E90 to Vegas was a dream and I'm sure it'd be good for that same run.

The best drives I've had were on my own, but if someone does tag along, I have to make sure that they have similar tastes in music or don't mind certain driving habits. If you're going to look at my speedometer the entire time and freak out when I'm going above 65 (and in this car it's what I call "BMW-Skew Compensation"), you're out. You like to drive without the radio or listen to un-roadworthy stuff like Pekinese opera (true story)? GTFO. If you make a mess of this car, I'll make a mess of your innards with this blade here, capisce?

On the same breath, I would happily take the wheel for trips to go and have fun, but if it's for work, then it's instantly dreadful... I used to be a delivery truck driver in my youth and I did odds and ends 2 years ago... Neither case was even remotely enjoyable... But no matter what, if there's traffic under any circumstances, then the drive becomes as fun as a dental visit.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0