View Single Post
      02-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #14
aarong_m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5 / 1974 BMW 2002

Sorry to hear about your exp at Mt View. I've been there. I will never go back there anymore...they gave me a Hyundai sedan and it stank.

Most BMW dealerships have limited amount of BMW loaners and every owner expects to get a BMW loaner. When they are all loaned out, you get enterprise. It is true that in the afternoon you can call to see if they have a BMW loaner. Sorry, It's expected. But If you have a friend that's a SA then your set(most of the time).

If you owned a Lexus/Infiniti before and got Lexus/Infiniti loaner...that's great. Sorry to tell you BMW is not Lexus or Infiniti.

Hope you get your car back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
Ok so a bit premature to judge service completely, but I find it odd that I am unable to get a bmw loaner when my car goes in for service. The first time I brought my car in for service they had no BMW loaners so they pushed me over to enterprise (it was part of the dealership) and gave me an older chevy pickup truck. Yes, that's all they had. This was in Mountain View, CA.

Had my car towed last night to Steven's Creek BMW (San Jose) because a big electrical malfunction (6 month old car). I bring my wife there this morning to get a loaner so she can get to work and I'm relieved to see at least 10 loan cars out in the parking lot. So I talk to the service advisor and he tells me the loaners are for people with appointments and that if they have any left in the afternoon, he will call me back.

Is this to be expected? Before BMW I owned an IS300 and never had an issue getting a loaner. It seems like BMWs are needing service so often that they never have extra cars to loan out. Or maybe it's because I look young and only drive a 3? If I came in a suit and I brought in a 750i, think they would have given me one? Sorry for the rant. This is just frustrating.

2006 BMW M5 7spd SMG/SIlverstone : 2008 BMW 135i SGM/JB2/BMS(SOLD 1/2010) : 1974 BMW 2oo2(5spd w/ 3.91LSD) : 2002 BMW M3(AW/6spd) Sold 8/07 : 2002 BMW 325i(SGM) Sold 12/07 : 1993 BMW 325i Sold 8/04
Appreciate 0