01-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #60
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Pigley View Post
So many people have said to avoid the 320i that I think you'd be a fool to ignore them.

It looks a lovely car and you're being seduced by that fact. However I reckon you'll regret it, so see sense and take the advice you've been given.
+1

OP, I know insurance is hard at your age but its SERIOUSLY worth holding out since you may just end up paying far more in repairs than insurance. Save up enough to buy a nice looking 325i if petrol is what you're after and you'll not regret it, plus it'll have noticeably more power behind it..

Looks are ALOT at that age but never more than safety and overally savings.. It's very hit and miss with the 320i and given so many knowledgeable members have advised you otherweise, I would realyl save up the money to buy a more reliable engine. You can use the extra money towards insurance / extended warranty and have peace of mind over constant worries over what may go wrong with the 320i. That's not to say they aren't good motors, but general consensus speaks for itself, just saying.