07-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #879
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
1. Actually, they have moved operations to Irwindale about 3 years ago, rumors have it that it was a personal dispute between the City Councilmember's son and Huy Fong, the makers of Sriracha, where he used the alleged odors as a front when it was more or less a personal dispute (kinda like how the Big 3 tried to kill Toyota's business with the brake/throttle fiasco), and even so the factory has been revamped to filter out the odors and the nuisance label was removed several months ago.
2. Even when operations were in Rosemead, I've lived near the area and worked within Rosemead (including a job that was only 1/4 mile from the plant) and have never noticed any foul or pungent odors. Now if someone can have a talk about the manure smell in the Chino Hills area...
No arguments here. Just regurgitating what I've read elsewhere. And truth be told, the Kraft food place in Champaign stinks like hell and no one complains. We live about 6 miles from a pet food plant and if the wind is right, that smell will be in the air. I even worked near a chocolate factory once and while that smell is pleasant for a sort time, after a few hours it gets old. Breweries can be nasty, too. Hops can really stink up a place.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0