View Single Post
      06-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
jippii ensio
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdstatestud88 View Post
From another thread...This is about TWINS...not any SINGLE talk...There are threads for that

GT28RS (i.e. disco potato) or GT2871R? What do you guys think? Let's discuss some options...

Here's the current idea to get this done quick and on a budget (not me doing it by the way, someone else):

1) Twin Log style manifolds (much easier and cost effective than tubular and will work very well for up to 800hp)
2) Twin GT28RS or Twin GT2871R (both are dual ball bearing)??
3) Preserve water/oil lines. Oil lines will have restrictors built in as ball bearing are rated up to 40psi oil pressure, N54 runs twice that under any load
4) T25??
5) Which ar would work best? .63?
6) Oil drains must remain gravity based
7) O2 sensor bank situation remains just like stock, with the sensors in the downpipes instead of hot manifolds

I'm leaning heavily towards the twin disco potato setup on this car (GT28RS) for a neighbourhood of 600-650whp...Twin GT2871R would be good to 800wheel.

Yes, there are always other options (single turbo single/twin scroll), this thread isn't about that. Nor is it about a pic from cp-E of their work that they never finished. Would love to get some info what you guys think based on displacement of this motor how this particular setup would perform and what the ideal setup in terms of housing, ar would be in your opinion. Also, how do you think it would spool and how early each of them would hit full torque.
Just out of curiosity, are you the person planning to do this since you copied Dzenno's post word for word?
Appreciate 0