View Single Post
      11-17-2023, 04:27 AM   #1
TurtlesandStuff
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3, BMW E90 330i

2007 N52 E90 330i almost dies when full throttle but only under 1500rpm

Hi all,
I'm currently at a loss with an issue I have. I've read through a huge number of posts on forums but can't find any that seem to mention the same issue exactly. My car will completely cut power and jerk violently if you go more than like 70% throttle if you're under 1500rpm. As soon as you get over ~1500rpm, the car behaves completely normal and has no issues whatsoever. The car has 180k miles.

The only code I had was related to the big DISA valve but I've replaced both DISA's, new ccv piping and oil separator, new intake manifold gaskets and new fuel pump and pressure regulator. I now have no codes and nothing regarding the eccentric shaft sensor fault. I also saw a post about how relearning the valvetronic endpoints helped solve a similar issue but I tried that and it hasn't helped either. The only other symptom I have is that when cold, the car will take almost ten times to start. It will start then immediately cut out, revving doesn't help whatsoever. Eventually it'll start and stay running and then it'll idle completely fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm completely stuck at this point.

Last edited by TurtlesandStuff; 11-17-2023 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: correction
Appreciate 0