View Single Post
      02-01-2019, 01:43 PM   #13
anh3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by munu View Post
I have never seen a mice around my house. Even I put a trap for couple of weeks but didn't see anything. Still I was hit twice within 3 months due to this harness chewing issue. I even have warranty but dealer won't use it.

I didn't see the cut the first time but second time when I saw it, it was clean cut through the tape. Hard to believe it was mice but I have no other answer. Don't understand why mice would attack the same part of the cable.
I had the same thought, mice?! But then I traced back... had the oil changed this last summer 2018, puts less than 6k miles on it, went on vac. for two weeks, first morning back notice the oil life message "less than 600 miles." SA also said not under warranty since this is a damage and not manufacturer defect, reasonable enough unless there was a 'mice' included in my 340i that I didn't know about?

the first mice probably left some scent in your case (or just the same mice?!), and the plastic shielding's probably got some dino-juice-scent=food in it (after all plastics are made with oil). That's my half educated guess! The plastic shield actually is missing a chunk, so something actually ate it. Not the first time in general, I've seen electrical wires and plastic things that mice (or something) chewed on.
Appreciate 0