View Single Post
      03-21-2024, 08:02 PM   #13
Ennoch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XDrive

Some 2015 cars will be pre-LCI so base prices accordingly, although the reality is that this would be a nine year old car so condition should be the bigger driver.

It's worth using a VIN decoder for any cars you're looking at and cross checking it with the appropriate year's PDF brochure as it will give you an idea of how well (or not) a car is spec'd. Mine is something daft at £55k list with all the options, not that I believe for a minute that's the figure that was paid. Things like adaptive suspension, pro nav (bigger screen), reverse cameras, elec seats, heated seats etc were all options. I think even HID headlights were an option? Adaptive and HBA definitely were. Radar cruise is pretty rare. Leather can make a difference. Stock Dakota feels like rhino hide but is very hardwearing. Merino feels nice and soft but wears accordingly. Mine isn't bad now at 80k but I'm sure some fussy fucker would say it's ruined etc if they were looking to buy it. Stock brakes on the 335d were silver calipers, 340mm front rotors and 330mm rears with sliding calipers. These cars will have 18" wheels. Blue calipers (check somebody hasn't cheekily painted the silver ones) are 370mm front and 2 pot 345mm back, and will come with 19" wheels. These were 403M pre-LCI with 7x twin spokes. The post-LCI 19" design was 5x twin spokes which is an easy tell. Some later cars came with a digital dash too. Personally I prefer the pre-LCI analogue one but I think I'm in the minority.

Unlike some comments above I really like the pano roof, and combined with the opal white interior really brightens it up. It is marginally noisier than when the blind's shut but for me it's a price worth paying. 19" wheels ride like shit on rough roads with potholes. Also, for me the 335d was the obvious choice as they all came with X drive but if you don't need AWD then this will reduce fuel economy for little appreciable benefit. If you do go X-drive then check tyres and tyre wear carefully. They're not as bad as Volvo nineties AWD but they're pretty fragile. I had a transfer case at 60k and that's not uncommon. Also check for noises at the front that can be a sign of a worn rack (hint, they'll pretty much all do it to a degree).

ETA: In looking at the saloon linked above, I'm also reminded that BMW even have folding rear seats as an optional extra. Don't be caught out if that's something you need!
Appreciate 0