01-24-2022, 06:47 PM   #3
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
1. What is the difference between nivi 2 and nivi 3

Nivi 3 does animal recognition as well as person recognition. Graphics are slightly better. This is the actual Manufacturer : https://www.flir.com/products/pathfindir-ii/

2. Does nivi 2 support dynamic spot light?
I've seen the settings for GZA (dynamic Spotlight) in the Nivi2 module but I have a pre-LCI and could not attempt to buy and fit those lights in the older style bumper. Might be worth a try but no idea if anyone has done this yet.

3. Are the grills different from a prelci to lci night vision car with night vision?
YES - not just the grills but the brackets that the camera attaches too are different. Nivi 2 camera is bigger and housing has spring loaded mechanism so overall housing is bigger too.
You have to buy grill and housing. There is a way to install the old camera into new housing but depends on what style old camera it is since first get NIVI3 was slightly smaller than NIVI2 and can barely fit into the LCI bracket/grill and you have to modify the plate (there is a thread on this forum that describes this process in detail)

4. If i retrofit nivi 2 now, are the cables going to be the same for night vision 3 or nivi 3 so i would only have to change out the camera and ecu from a 2016 donor car?

No, Nivi 2 uses the same style cable as the side view cameras (LVDS+2) vs Nivi3 uses just the LVDS lines so cables are different. Connectors on the ECU are different too so you'll have to keep that in mind. Signals are the same on those connectors so it will be a matter of re-pinning.

5. Any tips/things i should be aware of this retrofit?

Reach out to Mike (he's on the forum and he laid out a great how to of installing night vision, easily searchable here). As long as you have Camera and Module from the same donor car and the Nivi emulator, you just need to put the wiring and then coding the car and you should be good! Good Luck

(BTW, there are some folks in Russia who can sell you Nivi 3 modules coded to your car and can work with any NIVI 3 camera, no idea how they do it but they can..you can google this as well)
Hi thank you for the information! It is very helpful!

1. Will the prelci grill fit in my lci 2016 550?
2. Do you have a link to th russian guys who do that and how much do they charge?
Appreciate 0