09-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #1538
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
if 90% of your shooting is family and you're going to be emailing pictures around, i would take the 50mm. But like you said, 100mm is covered by both the 24-105 and the 70-200, so it wouldn't be missed too much. That is, if you do decide to take the 70-200, which i wouldn't be afraid to do. I used my 70-200 F4 fairly often to do portrait shots and it worked great for that. And best of all, if you're across the room, you can still get a nice portrait shot with it.

I'm glad you're looking into the insurance.... It's definitely a piece of mind, I've stumbled once or twice with a camera in my hand and though "oh well, hope it still works, but if not, that's what the insurance is for" where as before i got insurance there would have been a few swear words....

24mm on the 5DII is quite wide, so if you're not comfortable with the 17-40 on the 5DII, leave it home. It's one less lens to worry about.

I haven't had much experience with monkeys on my travels unless i go to the Toronto Zoo.... So please take some pictures of them stealing stuff for us just make sure it's not your photo equipment.
Thanks Reed. I guess it's just a matter of me figuring out whether I should take the telephoto or not.

By wild monkeys, I mean nothing like the zoo These were taken the last time I was there, with a P&S firmly gripped in my fist. I had to walk around essentially blind, without my glasses (I don't wear contacts), because apparently they steal those pretty easily.

More like this:
Attached Images