Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Where has this been disproven and by whom? I agree that the internet changes things but the fact of the matter is that Cleveland is still Cleveland, not a real activity hub for anything really. Other than Gretsky I can't really think of many sports icons (which is what Lebron wants to be) that were not in a major market.
There have been articles about this. Lebron is already big in LA, NY, Chicago and Miami. Playing in those cities won't make him magically a bigger brand. Sure he'll sell more jerseys mainly because people buy the new team one but he won't get any more money from Nike or anyone else for that matter.

Also of the major PR firms none have their main offices in LA or NY, so this won't make a bit of difference. Besides he uses his own people anyways.

Oh and I dunno... but what about Elway(denver), Stockton and Malone(Utah), Barkley(Pheonix). We could go on a long time with icons in non-major markets.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter

Last edited by darkcloud; 07-07-2010 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0