View Single Post
      09-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
perzonal
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Question worth using FM modulator for USB?

Hi guys!

I've been missing to be able to listen to music in car via USB for a long time now. Also I miss to see what song I am actually listening to without getting my Ipod and to control my music via the steeringwheel buttons.

Also I've been looking for a good solution to add USB in car but the OEM process is quite expensive and needs a lot of work done. So I've been looking for other solutions like Dension etcetera. But even dension needs coding and since Im not really comfortable with coding a pretty new car myself I would need someone else to do it for me = more search for a good guy + more expense.

Anyway, after looking for long I finally found a product that may be the solution for me. It is a FM Modulator, a piece of hardware that connects between your antenna and antenna input. This hardware will let you see what you're listening to via RDS, let you use USB and also let you use your steeringwheel buttons to control your music!

So... what is the product I'm talking about? Well, its called "Maestro 2.0" and is a universal solution that you can add to any carstereo.

Besides of beeing pretty cheap it seems awsome!

But, there is a but! What do you "experts" think about this kind of solution? Will the audio be clear? It should be since its actually not transmitting anything via FM that your car catch up?

Link: http://www.paser.it/en/p/275/Maestro_20/

Appreciate 0