11-17-2014, 01:28 AM   #415
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
Haha thanks for the kind words and detailed reply back. You're totally right about the activities I mentioned being at sea level of course, but I also live by the assumption that 200m water resistant means better seals, gaskets, and glue then a 10m water resistant watch. There is quite a lot of pressure under 600+ feet of water! That is "heavy water"

That is, albeit in my opinion, a much more hostile environment for the watch than a hot tub at sea level.
Oh, yes, even just 100 feet down in the ocean is more hostile. In all the hot tubs I've been in, nothing hostile than a floating chessboard or dead insect has been in them. LOL

By comparison, I've seen sharks large enough to be dangerous in as little as just 30 feet of water. And when I saw them, I got my land-oving ass the hell on up out of the water!

I don't today know what kind of shark it was, and I am no more curious about that now than I was then. It moved far faster than I ever could in the water, and it was at least as big as I am. Those two facts alone were all I needed to know. LOL

It could well have been a docile shark, and I may have missed out on an opportunity to get close to nature. I went to the bar, had a cocktail, went back to house and "got some tail," and that's was all the nature I needed.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0