View Single Post
      06-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #20
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

My BMW buying experience was the worst I've ever had. I called on a Monday concerning the car and got heavy pressure to come and see it ASAP (I informed them up front I was an out of town buyer). The car was advertised as CPO and ready-to-go. The first guy I got on the phone was a retard. I couldn't understand him for shit his English was SO bad. So I did what any smart buyer would do and called back, explained my situation to another person and got to work with them on the deal. Again, pressure to come see the car ASAP despite my repeating over and over again to them that I would not be able to come till Saturday that week. To make matters worse, the other guy I talked to first wouldn't stop calling and texting me trying to make the deal himself. Both of the people I was dealing with kept repeating that they couldn't guarantee the car would still be there Sat. despite my offering to put money down on it to hold it several times. So after that, I just kept saying over and over again that I was fine with the risk and would monitor their website to make sure the car was still there by Friday. Sure enough, it was. I called Friday and, all of the sudden, the car's, in fact, NOT through certification yet. Really???? Whatever, I told them I was still coming and had more than one car to look at while I was there. They insisted they would push it through that day and have it ready for me Sat.

Me and my buddy drove to Houston on Fri. night and got to the dealer at 11:00 AM Sat. for my scheduled fucking appointment. They were packed with people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Clearly disorganized and probably understaffed for the volume of customers they have. The receptionist was the ONLY nice person in the place, but as predicted, I was nowhere on any sort of schedule. When we finally got a salesman after an hour of waiting, I was informed that he would be representing the idiot I first spoke to earlier in the week and the woman I wanted to handle my sale I had been speaking with was nowhere to be found.

We started hammering out numbers while a guy did a brief walk around of my Audi (he didn't even test drive it). They were slow as shit during this whole process (another hour and half) and we couldn't agree on numbers with the sales guy nor the sales manager. We finally got fed up and left to go down to BMW Clear Lake to test drive the non-M Sport I had my eye on, too. That dealership was MUCH better, but unfortunately the car broke on the test drive. I rounded a corner (not even pushing it) and hear a loud pop and metal clanging sound. The car was making a NASTY grinding noise as I pulled it into a shopping center parking lot. The sales lady was panicking at that point and I had to be the one to calm her down as I explained what probably happened to the suspension of the car (I have a lot of experience with this stuff and how to handle "broken car" situations). Yeah, NOT good considering this was a CPO car. We got a ride back to the dealer and I was just DONE with that day. Got back to the dealer, explained to my buddy what happened (he wasn't really happy at that point either), and we just got in the car with me driving us toward the quickest route out of the city headed for home.

My buddy leaned over to me and said "Do you want that fucking car or not?". I said "Yeah, but not from those fuckers." He said, "Well, you're gonna go back home and we're going to have to search again for a while to find that particular car again...the one you really fucking want. Let's go back there and you just let me do me." He sold cars for over a decade. We went back, he asked for the sales manager only, and we proceeded to do numbers with just the sales manager. After my buddy negotiated the shit out of these asshats, we made a deal. Then, my buddy had to do the finance calculations for the damn incompetent finance manager. They were either inept at numbers or trying to screw me, but my buddy wasn't having any of that shit. We said eff it to the CPO certification since they were claiming we'd have to come back later that week to get the car. We bought the covers-all aftermarket EasyCare warranty and headed home with my new-to-me BMW 135i M Sport at 9:00 PM.

So I got home, discovered the front driver's wheel was bent, but thank God they agreed to pay for that. The purchase was third week in April. It's June 20th and I am on my second set of dealer plates...

Last edited by davis449; 06-20-2014 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0