View Single Post
      11-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #45
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

In my experience, it is any nice car that piss some people off. How much is determined by the brand, and BMW is right up there. Regardless if I'm in the M3 or in the GTI I will be cut off, cornered, brake light-ed on, wiper washed on or middle-fingered on at least once a month. In my case, not only my cars are tight (lowered, 19's, lips) and 99% of the time clean and shiny, but I drive around 10 to 15mph over the limit most of the time and I use my signal lights for everything.

I think that all that and then some really gets the misery out of too many drivers.

This has been going on for the last two decades for me, here in the USA as well as overseas. It is insignificant if the place average income is high or low, miserable people will be present and accounted for. Miami, Boca and West Palm are full of miserable people making millions of dollars a year, it seems, by the way the throw the car at you at a entrance ramp, while talking in the phone in one hand (although their car has Bluetooth) while they point the middle finger at you with the other hand if you honk the horn. Truly ambidextrous the mofos, pardon my French.

And yes, some miserable people drive BMW's too.

The only place that I've lived that the car, any car, is respected was in Germany when I was stationed over there in the Army. The discipline for anything automotive -the Autobahn left lane, the signaling, the traffic signs, the car condition, the cleaniness- was enough to make these miserable people in other places commit suicide -I wish, seriously.

The misery of -out of the blue, no provocation- to cut you off, key your car, try to intimidate you with big ass SUV's (my favorite mofo) is just mind boggling to me. I had seen people as early as 5:00am do some crap in the street just because they seem not to like a car or whatever they think the driver represent.

That's misery in its highest expression...
Appreciate 0