View Single Post
      02-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #62
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
i'm not arguing with you either just having a discussion. i agree with most of what you say above except that you omit one important fact. most street fighter have 10x more instinct than a formally trained fighter. and when you say that most streetfighters have no technigue or skill, i could not disagree with you more.
any streetfighter that gets off 10 punches and lands just 3 well then the fight is all over right there because to me that is the difference. a streetfighter will take a shot to give a shot and this attitude is what wins fights. you have to have that killer instinct and do what ever it takes to win. jmo, based on real world experience growing up.

lol, how do you propose we become proficient at "street fighting"? Join a fight club? Instinct is purely reaction time and muscle memory. You don't need to be out in the streets for that, you can train for it in the gym with another willing participant. I trained in Muay Thai for 2 years and did BJJ/Judo for a couple of month. I can tell you that it's a good idea to mix up your ground game with striking.
Appreciate 0