View Single Post
      07-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #35
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Well for one the consensus on the times is that it's shit - and this isn't necessarily bias, this is coming from more than a couple professors in positions to assess a paper's credibility. Two, that link you posted is, as I suspected, just random conjecture. If you think that's proof of anything then your sorely mistaken. Third, it isn't necessarily the amount of media attention, he'll probably get less in a major market (percentage wise) than he does in Cleveland where he's the only thing they have going as far as sports go. But the attention he does get will be received by a much larger audience, locally and nationally (as ESPN is renowned for favoring major markets - which in their defense is just smart business)

Miami is not a major market but is a much larger one than Cleveland. If Wade played in Cleveland, and hadn't won anything, I doubt people in Europe and China would be buying his jerseys. Lebron is the market maker, and Cleveland is maxed out - he has spent all this time there and has nothing to show for it, other than he's the best basketball player playing right now, which is no surprise to anyone - we knew this. Now, if I were Lebron, it's time to move to a location who's won a championship. A franchise who's done it before, it's time to play with the big boys. I really thought Lebron would win it this year and stay in Cleveland, and he didn't even make the finals with that sorry excuse for a team the surrounded him with. As good as he is, he can't do it alone. If anything, the Cavs are holding Lebron back.
Appreciate 0