10-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #24
PORTMOODY
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coal Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Thanks for documenting and sharing this with us. How are you liking it so far? I've never found an Android headunit that I was completely happy with but this seems like a great option.
Honestly, it does everything I need that my stock non nav system didn't. The app for carplay can be a little inconsistent with the wired connection. I have a back up cam but I haven't installed it. The microphone doesn't pick up well but I put it in the stock mic location but I didn't place it well so I need to adjust it and check again. Overall, I can't really complain. They have new units with android 10. The unit I have can't be upgraded from android 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0undgarden View Post
Total cost for all the parts? I'm debating this or other 10.25" unit that requires cutting the dash. Also, any pics of backup camera working?
I can't recall all the costs, but I believe it was about $375 for the HU. Then about $20 for the fascia. Another $20 for the BMW harness from Joying. About $2.00 for the screws and thats about it. Maybe $5 for a 6' male to female USB. Thats USD.
Appreciate 0