View Single Post
      10-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #25
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BMW335i View Post
Like most people have said you hear a slight ticking at idle/neutral at a light without air on. If you doing like it push the clutch in. ( I would say around a 2-3 with out air/ 4-5 with air)

also the lwfw will make more noise then the SMFW and ALWAYS REPLACE your flywheel. doesnt matter if you have low miles on it.

as far as taking off you need to give it more pedal or ride the clutch a little more. You will get use to it after a week of driving. The clutch and the perfomace are second to none. very little pedal pushing needed when shifting

i dont notice any noise in reverse or 1st gear. I cant stress this enough though...BREAK IN THE CLUTCH....put as many miles on it as you can. Go through all the gears. the more miles the better the clutch will perform. You dont have to baby the clutch however, doing powershifts stc will not help you.

IMO if you are going to spend the money for a stage 2 plus you should spend the extra few hundred and get the SPEC 3 plus you will not regret it.
Thank You guys very helpful. For taking on stg3+ I think it will be to expensive because. I will have to get clutch kit, oem DMF, transmission bolts etc + labor I dont want to do it by my self at least for the first time. So it is already big money.
Appreciate 0