View Single Post
      11-07-2020, 09:10 AM   #58
jzx_andy
Slowpoke
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i N54

Update time!

Things were going well with the tranny swap until ~750km later. Clutch pedal went out in peak hour traffic. Narrowed it down to a broken slave cylinder or a clutch line fitting underneath the car that leaked and lost hydraulic pressure.

In the meantime, I did a few things:

Got a replacement flex fuel module kit from Motiv (somehow the one in my car got busted during the 6MT swap).

Flashed a custom firmware on my China CIC unit. It's much better now and I can use hey Google voice controls for navigation, music etc with the OEM ceiling microphone!

Got a custom alcantara handbrake boot to match the shifter boot

Got some pedal covers

Got some goodies from VAC Motorsports. This one really hurt the wallet. Should be fitting the damper within the next week or so, hopefully this will provide some peace of mind in terms of reliability and hopefully reduce gearbox chatter while the car is rolling around at low rpm's.

I also got to check out the new G8x M3 and M4 in the flesh a couple of weeks ago as Auto Classic were showing them off via private appointments. Got up close and personal with the pre-production models they had at our local dealer - these are not road legal (as they weren't complied for Aussie roads) and sadly could not be test driven. I heard that they were at our dealer for just one week and then were going to be sent back to Germany and repurposed.

I might be getting used to the front end on the G8x cars - I didn't mind them too much in the flesh. Not a beautiful car and not very BMW IMO as the exterior styling seems very generic to me. Good enough when compared to all the other overstyled cars out there I suppose.

These seats are a ~$7.5k option. Would love to know if these can fit in an e9x haha!

I've left the best part for last here. I finally ordered wheels for my E92. Excited is an understatement!!!

6MT swapped | Xtreme twin disk & SMF | Advan RSII | ST XTA | F82 M4 heated front seats | BMW Individual interior trims | CIC/Combox retrofits | Custom headlights | 1M/M3 mirrors | 335is auxiliary radiator | LCI tails

Last edited by jzx_andy; 11-07-2020 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0