04-17-2014, 01:11 AM   #60
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukicabuki View Post
It's pretty clear that you missed the point completely. That was a nice way of saying that your 100hp/L metric is an arbitrary and utterly useless means of determining the merits of an engine.

BTW........ the Z06 is a small block.
Yes, it's "small block" in the literal GM sense but that's HUGE to EVERY other manufacturer.
And I get your point, I'm just NOT impressed with a motor that can't make 100hp/L NA when it's suppose to be a performance arm of a major German manufacturer. If 100hp/L isn't your cup of tea, that's fine, but I must also mean you have NO INTEREST in any of the cars I listed above... which would be sad for a car enthusiast.
And I NEVER said the AMG motor was crap. It sounds awesome and has tons fo torque the old fashion way, but there's nothing "special" about it in terms of tech or innovation.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0