View Single Post
      11-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #22
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Just because she is his wife doesn't mean he should trust her at everything! There are plenty of things that I don't trust my wife to do, mostly mechanical related stuff. Being married means you know her quite well, and you know that what is important to you, and what you pay attention to, isn't necessarily what she pays attention to.

And you are right, it is only a car, but one that is easier to damage by inattentive driving than an SUV. And since that inattentive driving can cause damage that requires money to fix, shouldn't one take that into consideration when deciding who can drive it? Just because she is your wife doesn't mean she'll take good care of things. But we love them anyway!
all very good, valid points.
my wife is a pretty careful driver, i do not worry that much about her driving it...

BUT, she will not "park" the car like i do. if there is not a very safe spot away from other car doors, i will glady park 30 - 50 yards further so some moron will not ding my doors!! my wife would never do that.....

therefore she has never taken my car out without me.
Appreciate 0