View Single Post
      09-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
jvulture
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Lost second set of keys help

Long story short I lost my second set of keys. Right now my only option is to go to dealer and have new keys made up. However, this requires registration or title to prove I'm indeed the owner of the car. My registration is in the glove box and my title is in a folder in the trunk. Yes I know my title should not be in the trunk but I needed it recently and thats where I left it. Anyways, I dont have BMW roadside assistance to they cant remote unlock. My insurance doesnt offer keyless entry for bmws and AAA came but could not get the car unlocked. So I have a few questions for anyone with experience with this situation.

1. Even though the car is locked if I am able to reach the center dash unlock button near the hazard lights will that unlock the car from the inside? Will it trip alarm? Im thinking it wont unlock.

2. If I reach for the trunk unlock button in the drivers seat will that unlock the trunk? Will it trip alarm?

3. If I go for the glove box to try and grab regi will that trip alarm?

By "reach for" I mean prying the window open just enough to get a long stick in there. T

This situation sucks. Someone help me.
Appreciate 0