View Single Post
      09-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #10
jvulture
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Dont mean to bring this back to the top but I'm going to describe how I eventually got out of this for archive sake.

Anyways, went to dealer with some insurance information, license, id, etc, They were able to order me a physical key, the one that slides into the fob, for $50. Picked that up next day and was then able to get into my car to get registration is the glove. Brought the registration to the dealer and they were able to order me key fobs. I beleive a title would work as well, not positive. I bought 2 new fobs which totaled at $500. I was expecting to fork over at least $1200 after hearing even one key could run up to $600. I was surprised at the price for 2. Depending on how early you put in the order they can have the new fobs by next day. Old fobs can still turn on the car so be wary. They can be programmed not to if you wish. Ugh what a mess.

As a side, if you bought/leased the car through the dealer they can order new fobs without going through all these credential checkpoints.

Good luck to anyone in the future reading this. Hopefully some worthwhile info here.
Appreciate 1