Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1 View Post
^^ NICE!

thanks...here's the first shot at 100% crop

definitely looks like the sharpness of a 70-200 F4 how are you enjoying it?

And for those chatting about the F4 VS the F2.8, I currently own both (though this is temporary) there is a massive weight difference, but what i didn't realize is that there's a massive size difference. on the shelf they don't look too different, but in the camera bag, it definitely displaces one or two other lenses. So in some ways it makes the camera bag lighter by removing other lenses.

I will not but this lens around my neck, i don't need the back problems, but when it is over my shoulder on a shoulder strap, I don't notice it.

Most of my lenses are 2.8, so i've become spoiled by being able to shoot wider open then F4.

The 2.8 is also nice to have in conjunction with all the other 2.8s because if i'm switching lenses and need to keep a similar exposure, i don't have to make major adjustments, just tweeks here and there. This also carries over to post processing.

I love my F4, but, I didn't use it because i couldn't achieve what i wanted with it, which i could with my 24-70 lens, I wanted something that would compliment it, not fight it.

Also, i never would have bought one new.... the price is brutal!!!
Appreciate 0