View Single Post
      04-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #18
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

ah, what the hell. i hate discussions like this. but work is slow today and i need entertainment. :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
Some trends are just aligned to each other along Camera lines. A few empircal points I've gathered about the two:

1. Canon owners own a Mac while most Nikon owners run a Windows-box
2. Canon owners drive an environment-friendly car, Nikon owners don't focus on it (outside of this forum obviously)
3. Canon owners are Democrats, Nikon owners Republican
4. Canon owners are Runners, Nikon owners are Gym-rats

The list could go on and on, but just from pure observation - they tend to fall along those lines. What does it mean? Nothing.

Sorry for the slight /OT Twitchy..

i find this funny, and quite opposite. of course.

primarily, canon has been the widely-used, mainstream camera of the digital age. windows computers are the widely-used mainstream.
canon's like walmart (republican) - they have everything. camcorders, printers, scanners, calculators, copiers, fax machines, medical and IT equipment. Oy.
nikon just makes cameras and optics (microscopes, nano-tech optics, binoculars).

canon cameras are designed by engineers. nikon cameras are designed by photographers (and a guy who designed the BMW M1, Ferrari's, Alfa Romeo Brera, . . . .).
when you think of canon, you don't think of design or ergonomics. do you agree that the ergonomics of the nikons definitely have an edge over canon's? it's largely pretty agreed upon from both camps. how much sense does it make to have to put stretch your thumb to a 90-degree angle when holding the camera just to change the aperture? - pure design flaw, and canons are littered with them.

disclaimer: i'm not talking about the sensors in either company's cameras, just the design (form and function) of their bodies. they both have the right technology to get the job done.

Appreciate 0